ODC Dance Commons, a 23,000 square foot building located at 351 Shotwell St. (between 17th and 18th streets), offers an environment where professionals, emerging artists, students, and dance fans can congregate, exchange ideas and inspire one another. A gathering place for our cultural community since 2005, new art work is percolating in every studio, 200 classes a week in all forms of dance draw hundreds of students of all ages each day, and the Healthy Dancers' Clinic tends to our constituents daily. Lectures, discussions, journal club meetings and neighborhood gatherings round out the activities at the Commons. The ODC Dance Commons has become a source of pride for the region and a resource for artists and arts organizations from across the country.
ODC Dance Commons includes:
- Five studios for classes and rehearsals
- A 96 seat performance space
- Locker rooms with showers
- Offices for ODC/Dance, ODC Theater, and ODC School/Rhythm and Motion staff
- Conference room for ODC administration and available to local community groups
- Town Hall community gathering space with TV screen, displaying video from international dance productions, documentaries and local dance groups.
- Family-friendly parents' lounge with viewing window into Skirball Children's Studio
- An Art gallery
- A fully equipped kitchen!
Community Services offered: